Last updated on 7/13/2020
Are You a Small Business Employer in Need of Documents and Free Publications that will Help You Manage Your Employees and Stakeholders Through the COVID-19 Crisis?
Maybe the following information will help...
I know that many small business employers do not have an HR area or HR position and, even those that do, are scrambling to manage their business and employee communications through these unprecedented times.
Here you can access links to FREE COVID-19 related documents, templates and other types of publications from top human management organizations, like the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), payroll management platforms such as Complete Payroll, and the Harvard Business Review. All resources have been compiled, curated, and posted as a one-stop easy point of reference.
Free Documents & Templates
The following MS Word documents and templates cover matters such as: 1) transitioning to a remote workforce, 2) complying with emergency regulations, and 3) staying in communication with employees and stakeholders during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- COVID-19 Sample – Memo to Employees-Essential Business Operations
- COVID-19 Sample – Letter - Essential Employee Authorization to Travel
- COVID-19 Sample – Letter of Temporary Layoff
- COVID-19 Sample – Notice of Furlough
- COVID-19 Sample – Notice of Temporary Layoff or Furlough
- COVID-19 Sample – Notice of Layoff (permanent)
- COVID-19 Sample – Coronavirus Communication to Employees
- COVID-19 Sample – Work from Home Agreement
- COVID-19 Sample - Work from Home Policy
- COVID-19 Sample - Coronavirus Telework/Remote Work Policy
Free Publications, Articles & Misc.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): Toolkit for Business & Workplaces
- Harvard Business Review - Coronavirus + Business ebook
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Financial Resources for Small Business and Consumers
- Cook County Illinois: Cook County Community Recovery Initiative
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Resources Page
- Illinois Department of Health: Coronavirus Information and updates
- USA White House: Opening up America Again Information
- IAPP: Privacy Questions to Ask (Infographic) before Testing Employees
COVID-19 Information Disclaimer: The documents/templates linked to this page are intended for informational purposes only, are not authored by PLC, Ltd, and do not constitute legal information or advice. PLC,Ltd is not an expert in health or policy and makes no guarantees as to the accuracy or timeliness of the COVID-19 content, documents or details on or linked from this page. Likewise, the transmission of these links, documents and information through the Powell Legal Counsel, Ltd website does not create an attorney-client relationship.